Date(s) - 04/28/2014
7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Miner Auditorium, SFJAZZ Center
Add This Event to Your Calendar
This dream team of charismatic and versatile artists come together to present a brilliant program of duos and trios, anchored by the great Bartók Contrasts. Anthony Marwood’s “golden tone and sure-fire musicianship” (Washington Post) are superbly met by Martin Fröst’s pushing-the-limits showmanship and Marc-André Hamelin’s intelligent virtuosity. Their combined gifts of taste, warmth and humor will doubtless ignite their program with a rare excitement and spontaneity that has grown out of a delightful series of summer festival collaborations.
- Franz Schubert: Rondo in B minor for violin and piano, D. 895
- Claude Debussy: Première Rhapsodie for Clarinet and Piano; Sonata for violin and piano in G minor, L. 140
- Igor Stravinsky: Suite from L’histoire du Soldat for Violin, Clarinet and Piano
- Francis Poulenc: Sonata for clarinet and piano
- Béla Bartók: Contrasts for violin, clarinet and piano, BB. 116
This performance is made possible in part through the generous support of the Pro Suecia Foundation
– Buy Online –
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.