Date(s) - 04/05/2024
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
SFCM Bowes Center
Add This Event to Your Calendar
A multimedia dialogue between Expressionist music by Second Viennese School composers and three new works inspired by their groundbreaking work. In collaboration with the SFCM TAC Department.
- Piano Trio #2, by E4TT Senior Artistic Advisor David Garner (b. 1954) using his own tonal serialism technique
- ubi lux floret, by Darian Donovan Thomas
- Trio for English horn, cello, and piano, by Bay Area composer Valerie Liu.
- A new chamber arrangement of Alban Berg’s major work, Sieben Frühe Lieder (1905-1908), for soprano, English horn, cello, and vibraphone by SFCM graduate TJ Martin.
- Drei Klavierstuecke (Op. 11, 1894) by Schoenberg
- Sonatensatz (Rondo) für Klavier (1906) by Anton Webern
- The winning piece from the TAC student composition competition.
- Nanette McGuinness – soprano
- Adrienne Anaya – percussion
- Megan Chartier – cello
- Jennifer Redondas – violin
- Laura Reynolds – English horn
- Taylor Chan, Dale Tsang – piano