Date(s) - 03/12/2022
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
McAfee Performing Arts and Lecture Center
Add This Event to Your Calendar
BUY TICKETS $40-$65 – You may choose to watch the event live or the recording afterward. Streaming link is live for 48 hours from the time of the live concert. Proof of vaccination and face masks are required for attending live performances.
A kind of superhuman éclat that can easily remind you of Hoffmann or Lhevinne in its supremely clear, neat and even brilliance.
—New York Concert Review
A native of South Korea, pianist Yeol Eum Son is a leading international artist who has excited our patrons in her two previous Bay Area appearances. She is highly regarded as a brilliant virtuoso whose playing has a rare balance between enormous kinetic energy and substantial gravity.
Yeol Eum performs a widely eclectic and rich repertoire—ranging from Bach and Mozart to German and Russian Romantics, and the twentieth century music of Gershwin, Szymanowski, Ligeti, and Salonen. She performs as a soloist and with the world’s leading orchestras.
- Baldassare Galuppi Harpsichord Sonata in C major, T.27 (1. Andante; 2. Allegro; 3. Allegro Assai)
- Felix Mendelssohn Piano Sonata No. 2, Op.105 (1. Allegro; 2. Adagio cantabile e lento; 3. Presto)
- Sergei Prokofiev Piano Sonata No. 3 in A minor, Op. 28 (1. Allegro tempestoso)
~ Intermission ~
- Maurice Ravel Sonatine (1. Modéré; 2. Mouvement de menuet; 3. Animé)
- Nikolai Kapustin Piano Sonata No. 2, Op. 54 (1. Allegro molto; 2. Scherzo: Allegro assai; 3. Largo; 4. Perpetuum mobile: Allegro vivace)
Steinway Society is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization (Tax ID: 77-0442110) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
IMAGE courtesy of Yeol Eum Son and Steinway Society (Public Domain)