Date(s) - 10/12/2014 - 10/19/2014
Add This Event to Your Calendar
The theme for Unsound 2014 is The Dream. It takes place between 12-19 October in Krakow, Poland, at a variety of specially adapted venues. Weekly and Long Weekend passes go on sale on June 26.
What does it mean to be Living The Dream? The Dream is a symptom of a world where self-expression and experience are increasingly mediated and commodified.
The Dream plays out on laptops used for work and leisure, in networked coffee shops, airports, international “artistic enclaves” and nightclubs. Anxiety is its underside: those Living The Dream often do so in precarious financial situations, while in the background, ecological and economic systems lurch towards collapse.
- The Dream is the (unintended) result of a century’s worth of counter-culture.
- The Dream is the status update.
- The Dream is seamless creation and sharing.
- The Dream is the history of music available at the click of a button.
- The Dream is fleeting and highly combustible.
Artist Line-Up So Far
- Ben Frost (IS/AU)
- Carter Tutti Void (UK)
- Deathprod presents: Treetop Drive (NO)
- DJ Stingray (USA)
- EVOL (SP/UK)
- Joey Anderson (USA)
- Księżyc (PL)
- Perc (UK)
- Ren Schofield (aka Container) with Kenneth Kapstad & Thomas Jahrmyr (USA/NO)
- Rrose (USA)
- Swans (USA)
- TCF (NO)
- Total Freedom (USA)
- The Necks & Radian (AU/AT)
- Zamilska (PL)
- “Ephemera” (IS/DE/UK/CAN) by: Geza Schoen (Scent), Tim Hecker (Drone), Ben Frost (Noise), Kode9 (Bass), Marcel Weber (Video) and Optigram (Visuals)
Plus Much More!
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.