Date(s) - 11/14/2013
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Joe Henderson Lab, SFJAZZ Center
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Concert sets at 8pm and 9:30pm
SFJAZZ Hotplate is a monthly concert series at the Joe Henderson Lab featuring San Francisco Bay Area’s most gifted musicians re-imagining a famous recording of a jazz legend. The 2nd Thursday of every month, Hotplate aims to show another side of SFJAZZ, an informal setting where you can drop in for a drink and hear some of the best jazz the local scene has to offer. Make sure to show up early for each set as DJ Pat Les Stache spins some of the legend’s best-known tracks before the live music begins. This is a seriously fun jazz hang and the joint is always packed!
- Nov. 14, 2013: Tiffany Austin sings music of Hoagy Carmichael
- Dec. 12, 2013: Robert Stewart and Chester Thompson play Jimmy Smith’s Back at the Chicken Shack
- Jan. 9, 2014: Le Jazz Hot plays the music of Django Reinhardt
- Feb. 13, 2014: Claudia Villela and Harvey Wainapel play Stan Getz’ Getz/Gilberto
- March 13, 2014: Howard Wiley plays Ornette Coleman’s The Shape of Jazz To Come
- April 10, 2014: Adam Theis and Subharmonic plays Charles Mingus’ Ah-Um
- May 8, 2014: The Music of Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue
– Buy Online –
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.