Date(s) - 06/13/2014
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens
Add This Event to Your Calendar
– Free Admission –
To celebrate the opening of ‘Show Me The Money: The image of finance, 1700 to the present’, a special symposium brings together exhibiting artists, leading academics from disciplines across art history, contemporary art, and literature, alongside authors and former financiers. The panellists will reflect on the past and present interrelationships between art, money, and finance. Attendance is free but booking is recommended. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place.
The exhibition preview follows at 6:00 – 8:00pm at Northern Gallery for Contemporary Art.
Chair: Professor Julian Stallabrass (Courtauld Institute), art historian, photographer and curator
- Bill Balaskas (University of the Creative Arts / Royal College of Art), exhibiting artist
- Robin Bhattacharya, exhibiting artist
- David Cross of Cornford & Cross (University of the Arts London), exhibiting artist
- Dr Sarah Cook (Dundee University), curator of contemporary art, writer, and new media art historian
- Geraldine Juárez, exhibiting artist
- Immo Klink, exhibiting artist
- Professor Nicky Marsh (Southampton University, exhibition co-curator)
- Brett Scott, former broker and author of ‘The Heretic’s Guide to Global Finance: Hacking the Future of Money’
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.