Date(s) - 10/19/2013
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
St. Paul's Greek Orthodox Church
Add This Event to Your Calendar
Festive Music for Reformation Day and St. Michael’s Day from Bach Cantatas BWV 130, 50, 80, 79, 137 and more!
Orchestra and Choir of the Pacific Bach Project, Richard Westerfield – conductor and commentator on period instruments.
Bach’s music for the Feast of Michael the Archangel and for Reformation Sunday are among his most vivid and dramatic works. The virtuoso musicians of the Pacific Bach Project return to San Diego to present music from these and other cantatas for Sundays in autumn–including BWV’s 130, 50, 80, 79, 49 and 137. Real-time commentary with musical examples together with our new English super-titles make it easy for everyone to appreciate and enjoy this uniquely joyful, uplifting and awe-inspiring music. On period instruments, with the gifted choristers of the L.A. and O.C. Performing Arts High School choirs featured in the final work.
With Special Guests
- Orchestra and Chorus of the Pacific Bach Project
- Orange County Performing Arts High School Chorus – guest choir (Sunday)
- Los Angeles County High School for the Arts Chorus – guest choir (Saturday)
- Canyon Crest Academy Chorus (Sunday)
- Members of the San Diego State University choral program (Sunday)
- Richard Westerfield – conductor and commentator
- Rita Lilly – soprano
- Charles Humphries – countertenor
- John Russell – tenor
- Jon Lee Keenan – tenor
- Jeffrey Fields – bass
- Patrick Walders – bass
- David Wilson – violin soloist
- Josh Cohen – baroque trumpet soloist
- Leif Woodward – cello soloist
- Kristin Olson – oboe soloist
- Marianne Pfau – recorder soloist
- Jonathan Salzedo – harpsichord soloist
– Buy Online –
$12.50 to $50.00
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.