Date(s) - 01/29/2023
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
St. Alban's Episcopal Church
Add This Event to Your Calendar
E4TT’s annual favorite returns with music by both women and nonbinary composers. Featuring world premieres by composers Mary Bianco and Dawn Norfleet, and works by 20th and 21st century composers Margaret Bonds, Reena Esmail, Gabriela Lena Frank, Jennifer Jolley, Yaz Lancaster, Jessica Meyer, Niloufar Nourbakhsh, Elena Ruehr, Chrysanthe Tan, and Errolyn Wallen.
Ensemble for These Times will be joined by guest violinist Ilana Blumberg.
- Reena Esmail Two Tones
- Margaret Bonds Troubled Water
- Jessica Meyer The Last Rose
- Niloufar Nourbakhsh Cello sonata
- Elena Ruehr Music Pink and Blue
- Errolyn Wallen Dervish
- Jennifer Jolley Democracy Dies in Darkness
- Yaz Lancaster Mosaic
- Gabriela Lena Frank Khazn’s Recit: Elu D’vorim
- Chrysanthe Tan Retrospect
- Dawn Norfleet Title TBD (world premiere, commission) (UPLIFT composer)
- Mary Bianco Title TBD (world premiere, commission)
*E4TT’s 2022-23 season is sponsored, in part, by the Ross McKee Foundation and supported by a grant from the San Francisco Arts Commission and in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency; E4TT’s UPLIFT project is supported by the California Arts Council.
Old First Concerts is a registered 501(c)3 Charitable Organization (Tax ID#:94-2898233).