Date(s) - 03/30/2014
4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society
Add This Event to Your Calendar
- Alfred Schnittke
- Dmitri Shostakovich
- Octavio Vazquez
- Francis Poulenc
The Poulenc Trio is the most active touring piano-wind chamber music ensemble in the world. Since its founding in 2003, the Trio has performed in more than 40 U.S. states and at music festivals around the world, including the Ravello Festival in Italy, the San Miguel de Allende Festival in Mexico, and the White Nights Festival in Russia, where the group toured with and premiered two new works with violinist Hilary Hahn.
- George Frideric Handel (1685-1759): Trio Sonata in F major (Kammertrio Nr. 24) for Oboe, Bassoon and Keyboard
- Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998) (arr. M. Krutik): Suite in the Old Style
- Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975) (arr. A. Trofimov): Romance, op.97a (from the filmscore of The Gadfly), A Spin Through Moscow (from the operetta Moscow, Cheryomushki)
- Octavio Vazquez (b.1972): Tríptico (2012), commissioned by and written for the Poulenc Trio
- Francis Poulenc (1899-1963): Trio for Piano, Oboe and Bassoon
– Buy Online –
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.