Date(s) - 12/01/2013
4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society
Add This Event to Your Calendar
For 32 years Mack McCray has brought outstanding talent and also performed at the annual Classical Piano Fest. This year he is most pleased to perform along side Yoonie Han and another pianist to be announced.
- A new compositional work TBD
- Robert Schumann; Faschingsschwank aus Wien (Carnival Scenes from Vienna), Op. 26
- Franz Liszt transcriptions of Franz Schubert songs
- Enrique Granados; Goyescas, Op. 11: V. El Amor Y La Muerte (Balada) (Ballad of Love and Death)
- Sergei Prokofiev; Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64 (excerpt)
- Franz Liszt’s transcription of Liebestod (Love Death) from Tristan and Isolde by Richard Wagner
- Franz Liszt; Harmonies poétiques et religieuses (Poetic and Religious Harmonies), S.173: III. Bénédiction de Dieu dans la solitude (‘The Blessing of God in Solitude,’ completed at Woronińce)
- Franz Liszt; Réminiscences de Norma, S.394 – a fantasy on Vincenzo Bellini’s opera Norma
Yoonie Han; South Korean pianist praised for her “flowing tones, poetic phrasing, and heavenly singing melodies” Named the Korean Ministry of Culture named her its “most promising young artist” she has won top prizes in distinguished international competitions and the highest accolades for her poetic performances in major concert halls in the U.S. and around the world (Berlin Symphoniker, Buffalo Philharmonic, Helsinki Philharmonic and more.) Ms. Han received a Bachelor’s degree from the Curtis Institute of Music studying with Eleanor Sokoloff, and a Master of Music degree from The Juilliard School as a pupil of Robert McDonald. She continues studies with Philippe Entremont and Jean Saulnier, and is completing her Doctorate at SUNY Stony Brook.
Mack McCray; Award-winning and international performer, Mack McCray has been on the faculty of the San Francisco Conservatory of Music since 1971. He is also Artistic Director of the Zephyr International Chamber Music Festival in Courmayeur, Italy. Among his many credit, McCray was concert accompanist for the Metropolitan Opera soprano Teresa Stratas. His recording of John Adams’ piano work Phrygian Gates (New Albion Records) was placed on the Best Recordings of the Year (1981) lists of both the New York Times and High-Fidelity-Musical America. He has performed with such conductors as Michael Tilson Thomas, Edo de Waart, Josef Krips, Leon Fleisher, Arthur Fiedler and John Adams.
– Buy Online –
Please write a comment below and any feedback is appreciated.